Thursday 16 May 2013

The Tongue


The Tongue

Different parts of the tongue mean different tastes that you taste. For example when you drink a doughnut you might taste a sweet taste, that taste will come from the vey tip of your tongue. Next to the tip of the tongue is the salty part of the tongue. If you go back a bit on your tongue you will get to the sour part of you’r tongue. Right at the back of you’r tongue theres the bitter part. Did you know that the middle of your tongue does not have many taste buds.

Yesterday in class we were testing the parts of our tongue. First our teacher Kendall handed us a little cube of cheese. When I ate it I thought it tasted bitter so that must of come from the back of my tongue. 

Next Kendall gave us a salty cracker. It tasted good...
When I ate it in my mouth tasted a Delicious taste. I thought it tasted salty before you started chewing it, and I cant really explain what it tasted like when you chewed it. The salty part must of came from the on the sides of my tongue from the cracker. The chewing taste that I couldn’t explain must of came from the middle of my tongue witch does not have many taste buds.

After that the teacher gave the class (including me) lemon juice. I thought it tasted way too sour so that came from the sides of my tongue. I also thought it tasted Bitter  so that must of come from the back of my tongue.
 Last we had honey. Oooohhhh.... honey. Kendall had bucket of honey and she used a spoon to get the honey with and put it onto my finger. I licked my finger and in my mouth I tasted a sweet Bitter taste. So where do you think the sweet Bitter taste came from? 

                                  Well thats that and I just finished my work.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Josiah, you have a real talent when it comes to writing. Well done! I love reading your writing because you have a way of explaining things concisely.

    Next time try to include a summary of the topic.

    ReplyDelete