Wednesday 19 March 2014

Camp Published

                                                       
                  Camp


Darkness had swallowed the bright blue sky. The cold had stolen all of the suns heat away. Moths flew aimlessly in every direction possible. I was in my zebra onesie  strolling silently back to my cabin ready for lights out. I was a fat cat coated in his puffy warm fur. Ebony’s and Nick’s class were at highland home camp for a week. When I got to my cabin I climbed up the ladder trying to be as quiet as I could. Then I jumped into my cosy comforter, overlaid in my covers I fell asleep.


Abseiling


Abseiling was after rock climbing. When I walked to the abseiling tower my legs felt flimsy. When it was my turn to do abseiling shivers ran up my spine and down to my legs. My stomach was filled with fluttering butterflies. I looked at the abseiling tower; big and tall. It was intimidating me. Why am I seriously here I told myself, someone write my will. Ants the instructor told me it was me all of the instructions on what to. I stepped under the pole and started to jump down.

2 comments:

  1. You really have a great command of writing features Josiah. I love the way you describe nights arrival and your progress to sleep, it captures my imagination and makes me want to read more. Teno pai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way that you opened you story Josiah. I agree with James. You capture your audience through some extraordinary vocabulary. I look forward to reading your next piece.

    ReplyDelete